WARNING: This blog is created to share our opinion about books, and also for news about books. We are from Chile (Caro) and Argentina (Fede), so we actually talk in spanish. This blog is a chance for us to practice the language while we share our thoughts.

The pledge by Kimberly Derting

Today I will review The Pledge by Kimberly Derting. The book is published by McElderry Books and in Spanish you can find it with the name "El Juramento" (Editorial La Galera).

The pledge was a story that I wanted to read after a chat with Meli from Lee. Sueña. Vuela and Leonel from Sueños y Palabras (both blogs are in Spanish). What was the main reason? They told me about the plot and I was like: ¡OMG I need to read it NOW!

Think about this: different segments of society, each one with a different language that noone else can know or they would die. A main character who can read, listen and not only that but UNDERSTAND every language. Perfect!

This is a dystopian book that I have found something rare...Instead of the futuristic look that I have seen in others (The hunger games, Divergent, Maze Runner, etc), in this I thought I was reading something more or less epic fantasy, and that sooner or later they would appear Lords, dragons or similars (don't worry, there are no dragons). So I decided to call this an "epic distopyan fantasy" (and I created that because I love creating things).

I really loved this story, I read it in a day, I couldn't stop reading, reading and more reading. I think Kimberly writes really fluenty and that the story really gets on you, you can't stop reading! I couldn't be more happy of reading this book. I really recommend it a lot. Sadly, on spanish we only have first book (and the rest it seems that won't be published), but I have already adquired my second book in hardcover in english (and autographed, OMG), because I really want to continue this series.

I love this book, and the cover...is perfect.


|| Buy this book on Amazon. Editions: Hardcover, Paperback, Amazon Kindle. ||
|| Buy this book on Bookdepository. Editions: Hardcover or Paperback. ||


The Pledge Kimberly DertingSeries: Pledge
Hardcover: 336 pages
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books (November 15, 2011)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1442422017
ISBN-13: 978-1442422018
Product Dimensions: 8.3 x 5.7 x 1.3 inches
In the violent country of Ludania, the language you speak determines what class you are, and there are harsh punishments if you forget your place—looking a member of a higher class in the eye can result in immediate execution. Seventeen-year-old Charlaina (Charlie for short) can understand all languages, a dangerous ability she’s been hiding her whole life. Her only place of release is the drug-filled underground club scene, where people go to shake off the oppressive rules of the world they live in. There, she meets a beautiful and mysterious boy who speaks a language she’s never heard, and her secret is almost exposed. Through a series of violent upheavals, it becomes clear that Charlie herself is the key to forcing out the oppressive power structure of her kingdom….


Original Review: El juramento de Kimberly Derting

No comments:

Post a Comment